Posted January 28, 2015. I lived by his rules when I had Lyme disease. Hope this helps you.
From Dr. Joseph Burasscano
CERTAIN ABSOLUTE RULES MUST BE FOLLOWED IF LYME SYMPTOMS ARE TO BE PERMANENTLY CLEARED:
- Not allowed to get behind in sleep, or become overtired.
- No caffeine or other stimulants that may affect depth or duration of sleep, or reduce or eliminate naps.
- Absolutely no alcohol!
- No smoking at all.
- Aggressive exercises are required and should be initiated as soon as possible.
- Diet must contain generous quantities of high quality protein and be high in fiber and low in fat andcarbohydrates- no simple carbohydrates are allowed. Instead, use those with low glycemic index.
- Certain key nutritional supplements should be added.
For more excellent information from Dr. Burasscano check http://www.ilads.org/lyme/B_guidelines_12_17_08.pdf